The California Society of CPAs announced the recipients of its 2021 Women to Watch Awards, honoring eight female leaders in the accounting and finance profession across the state. The announcement was made during CalCPA’s Women’s Leadership Forum live webcast, dubbed “Elevate,” held on Friday.
The annual award recognizes exceptional female professionals for factors such as leadership, public service, advocacy, mentoring and contributions to the accounting and finance profession. Awards include three categories: Emerging Leader, Experienced Leader and Trailblazer.
“The women who are receiving the Women to Watch award continue a legacy of leadership, accomplishment and serve as positive role models not just for other women in the profession but for all accountants and finance professionals,” said Rich Simitian, interim president & CEO of CalCPA and the CalCPA Education Foundation, in a statement. “They inspire future generations to be authentic, inclusive and respectful so that the profession truly benefits from diversity and the innovation, collaboration and value creation that it drives.”
CalCPA’s 2021 Women to Watch Award recipients include:
Emerging Leader Award
- Valeria Ramirez, senior associate, RSM US (San Francisco)
- Delaney Noll, senior associate, RSM US (San Francisco)
Experienced Leader Award
- Kathryn Johnson, partner, RSM US (San Francisco)
- Julia Kniesche, assurance strategic talent consultant, Ernst & Young (San Francisco)
- Narina Bchtikian, senior stakeholder liaison, Internal Revenue Service (Los Angeles)
- Shannon Nash, chief financial officer, Reputation (Redwood City)
- Andrea Drew, owner, Drew Consulting (South Lake Tahoe)
- Loreal Jiles, director of research, Institute of Management Accountants (Beaumont)
For more information, head to CalCPA’s site here.